Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

Sounds so simple right and they are, but they are so delicious! The day I wanted to make these I went to my cabinet to look for red enchilada sauce and much to my dismay I was out so I made my own using this recipe and I seriously will never buy store bought red enchilada sauce again!

Bean and cheese smothered enchiladas ohsweetbasil.com

 Recipe slightly adapted from sweet basil

Ingredients
  • 1 Can Refried Beans
  • 1 Teaspoon Cumin
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
  • 2/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese, plus more for on top
  • Flour Tortillas

  • For the Sauce
  • 1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce
  • 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin(omit if making you made you made your own enchilada sauce)
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder(omit if you made your own enchilada sauce)

Instructions
    For the Bean Mixture
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, seasoning and cheese until smooth. Add a dollop or two to each tortilla and roll closed.
  2. For the Sauce
  3. Whisk together the enchilada sauce, seasonings (if using) and sour cream.
  4. For the Enchiladas
  5. Heat the oven to 350
  6. Spoon 1/3 Cup of the Enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 8x9 inch baking dish. Place the enchiladas seam side down and top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy
Notes: Serve with rice

Comments

Popular Posts