Crepes

First of all I just want to tell all you mothers out there Happy Mother's Day!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day. I woke up to breakfast and homemade cards from my four little babies, well five if you count my big baby, my husband. I wanted to share this crepe recipe today because even though breakfast is over you can always have breakfast for dinner. Just slyly hand your husband or children the computer with the recipe opened up and say don't those look delicious. Hopefully they will catch on!;)



Recipe from Little Yellow Barn
Crepes
Ingredients
4 eggs
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 c sugar
1 c flour
1 c milk
1/4 c water
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
In a blender place all ingredients, except flour.  Blend.  Sprinkle in flour, blend until incorporated.  Refrigerate for at least one hour.  Remove from refrigerator and blend for about a minute.  Heat 8-inch non-stick skillet.  Butter pan (about a 1/2 tsp).  
Pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet.  I pour straight from my blender container.  Just make sure there is enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan with a THIN, THIN, THIN layer of batter.
Swirl pan around until bottom of pan is covered with batter.
 Cook for about 30 seconds, or until edges easily lift up with spatula.
Flip, Cook for 5-10 seconds.  Crepe should slide right out of pan.

Use wax paper between crepes.
Makes 18-20 crepes

Fill with whatever floats your boat. Some suggestions: sour cream and honey (my favorite), fruit, custard, pudding or savory: chicken with cream of chicken gravy on top.

Comments

Popular Posts