Spicy Baked Shrimp with Orzo

I always hated shrimp growing up , but as I get older I realize my tastebuds are evolving. Now I love me some good shrimp. Even my kids love shrimp cooked this way, well okay 1 out of my 4 kids loved it, but that still counts right? I served it with a yummy orzo. Actually I was out of orzo so I used arborrio rice, which was still delicious. The Orzo (arborrio) was a good compliment to the shrimp because it kept everything light and refreshing.Oh and don't worry the shrimp are spicy, but not crazy spicy.




Recipe slightly adapted from epicurious

Spicy Shrimp
 Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, shelled, deveined (I did not want to devein anything so I used precooked, shelled, deveined shrimp)


Combine first 7 ingredients in 9x13-inch baking dish. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake until shrimp are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.

Recipe slightly adapted from rachel shultz
Orzo

Ingredients
  • ¾ pound orzo pasta or 1 c. arborrio rice, cooked according to pkg. directions
  • 3 pounds of shrimp
  • 1 cup scallions, minced
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • ½ cup red onion, diced
  • 1 cup dill
  • 1 cup parsley
  • 5 ounces feta cheese
  • Salt & pepper
  • 3 lemons
Instructions
  1.  In a large pot of boiling water, add orzo and stir occasionally, until cooked al dente.
  2. Drain orzo and in a large bowl mix in ½ cup olive oil, the juice of 3 lemons, salt & pepper. Add shrimp, onions, scallions, cucumber, parsley, and dill.
  3. Cover and store in fridge overnight. Add feta before serving. . Or, add feta immediately and enjoy the dish warm.

Comments

Popular Posts