Nacho Cheese Chicken Casserole

My mama has been making this recipe since I was a wittle girl and when I went away to college it was basically the only the only thing I knew how to make. It was always an instant hit with my roommates and I still love it today as much as I did back then.





Nacho Cheese Chicken Casserole
Serves 6

Ingredients:
1 rottisserie chicken or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 medium onion, diced
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can Cambell's fiesta nacho cheese
2 bags of tortilla chips
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
 Toppings:
shredded lettuce
salsa
sour cream
green onions, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until tender (2 minutes)
Add cream of chicken, mushroom and nacho cheese. Stir until well combined and add a little bit of water until it reaches your desired consistency. ( i usually add half a can of water.)
Add shredded chicken. Mix until combined. Remove from heat.
Crumble a layer of tortilla chips with your hands into bottom  a 9x13 pan. Then spread 1/2 chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle 1/2 cheese over top. Repeat layers one more time ending with cheese on top.
Cook in oven for 10 minutes. Then turn on broiler and broil for 3 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. 
Serve with desired toppings and a side of tortilla chips. 

Comments

Popular Posts