Ranch Cream Cheese Chicken

My sister rocks. We are 6 yrs apart, but growing up my sister still let me hang out with her and her friends. I was always grateful for that. I mean what sister voluntarily lets her scrawny little sister hang out with her?! We live very far away from one another now, but I can always count on her calling me for a recipe. This post is for her because as much as I love getting phone calls from her, she has called me many, many, many times for this same recipe. I don't know why she doesn't write it down, but I will write it down for her.:) This way the next time she calls we can talk about more important things... like maybe a different recipe. :)




Ranch Cream Cheese Chicken
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 can chicken broth(equal to 1 1/4 c.)
1 Tbsp. butter
2 cans cream of chicken
2 packets ranch seasoning
3-4 chicken breasts, can use frozen
1 pkg. cream cheese, cut in 1" pieces

Turn crockpot on high and place chicken, broth, butter and ranch seasoning in and cook for 4-5 hrs. 
Shred chicken & add cream of chicken and cream cheese, cook for an additional hour. 
Serve over rice or egg noodles. 

Notes: All crock pots are not created equal. Like mine for example gets really hot. So I cook mine for 2 hrs. on high, shred chicken add cream of chicken and cream cheese, then cook for 1 hr. on low. Then turn it to warm so it doesn't burn my chicken! So know your crockpot.:)

Comments

Popular Posts