Lasagna

Lasagna has been my favorite recipe since I first tasted it. Now remember growing up all I had was spanish food so when I first started venturing out of my "spanish cocoon", this was one of the first dishes I tried. I have made it countless times since then, but my favorite recipe is far from the traditional recipe. I hope you enjoy it!




Lasagna
Serves 6

Ingredients:

8-12 cooked lasagna noodles, depending on whether you want 2 or 3 layers.
1 small pkg. cottage cheese
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, homemade of store bought
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. shredded parmesan (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. 

Cook noodle in a pot of salted water until al dente. (12 minutes) Then strain. Set aside.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet with garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Drain. 

Return ground beef to pan amd add cottage cheese and spaghetti sauce.
Heat until warm. 

Start to assemble layers in a 9x13 pan. Layer sauce, noodles, cheddar cheese and parmesan if using. Continue until you are out of noodles ending with sauce and cheese on top. 

Cover with foil and cook in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes so it can have time to solidify a little and stick together. (In my pictures above I did not let it sit because I was starving, which is why the layers are sliding off one another:))

Serve with a salad and breadsticks. Enjoy!
 
Notes: When cooking ground beef, no matter what I am making, I always season with garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. There's nothing more disgusting than plain ground beef with no seasoning. Remember you are always building layers when you are cooking and you want every layer to be flavorful.


Comments

Popular Posts