Chinese Chicken Salad

I made my husband's favorite salad yesterday for Father's Day. He can eat the whole thing by himself and I usually let him because it weirded me out that it was grapes with cabbage. I finally decided to try it a few months ago and now I totally understand his obsession! The grapes make each bite. Try it, it's delicious.


Chinese Chicken Salad
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage
4 green onions, sliced
grapes, halved
almond slivers(optional)
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg. Ramen noodles, broken 
Ramen seasoning packet
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c. oil
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. pepper

Brown & cook chicken until cooked all the way through. Cool and cut into bite size pieces or shred. 
 Cut cabbage into thin strip and place in large bowl. 
Add the Ramen noodles, green onions, grapes, almond slivers (if using) & all remaining ingredients.  Stir well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving so all the flavors can meld. Enjoy!

Notes: How much grapes and almond slivers you add is up to you. My husband hates almonds so I leave those out and like I said before the grapes make each bite so I make sure to add A LOT.

Comments

Popular Posts