Stromboli

One day I had no idea what to make for dinner so I asked my Facebook friends what I should make. My sister in law wrote back that I should make Stromboli. I had no idea what Stromboli was, but quickly looked it up, it's basically a folded up pizza.  It sounded easy and you can personalize it with whatever filling you want. Perfect!



Stromboli
Serves 8

Ingredients:
1 c. cornmeal
2 loaves of frozen bread, thawed
1 pkg. pepperoni
10 slices lunchmeat ham, cut into bite size pieces
1 pkg. shredded mozarella
1 small onion, diced
2 small jars of pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Get a large cookie sheet and cover slightly with cornmeal. Spread bread loves into a large oval using your fingers or a rolling pin. Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on dough leaving 1" border around dough. Top with whatever topping you want. I used ham, pepperoni, onions and mozarella. Fold both long ends of oval up over eachother pinching shut. ( I use egg wash, 1 egg and 1 tbsp water mixed together, as the glue if necessary.)
Sprinkle a little corneal on top, then flip over. Repeat with other loaf. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a side of pizza sauce or ranch to dip in.

Comments

Popular Posts